View Full-Size Image
14 -- The Glories of Jagannath Mahaprasad
Price per Unit (piece):
|Ask a question about this product|
Gopal Jiu Publications is pleased to announce the release of issue #14 of Sri Krishna Kathamrita magazine, "The Glories of Mahaprasada".
Prasada, the sacred food remnants of the Lord, are revered by devotees everywhere. However, in Jagannath Puri that tradition reaches heights that are not found anywhere else. This issue of Sri Krishna Kathamrita examines the culture surrounding prasada in general and particularly sheds light on many little-known details of the ancient tradition of mahaprasada in Jagannath Puri.
* Collected instructions from Srila Prabhupada regarding the importance of prasada, cooking for Lord Jagannath, and temple prasada preparation and distribution.
* Traditional recipes used at Puri in cooking for Lord Jagannath.
* Many little known stories about prasada from Puri, various Puranas, and rare literatures.
* Details of the kitchen of Jagannath in Puri, including the number and types of cooks, ingredients used and forbidden, procedures for cooking, rituals for offering, the items offered to the Lord, and the tradition and types of clay pots used for cooking and offering to Lord Jagannath.
* Srila Rupa Goswami, Srila Sanatan Goswami, Srila Lochan Das Thakur, Srila Thakur Bhaktivinode, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami, and contemporary devotees on the topic of prasada.
* What is the difference between prasada, mahaprasada and maha-mahaprasada?
* Traditional etiquette observed in Jagannath Puri when honoring mahaprasada.
* Why was Jagannath prasada so relishable for Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu?
Read the following excerpts:
Info: Your browser does not accept cookies. To put products into your cart and purchase them you need to enable cookies.